Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Error when transferring data from local database to hosted database

Hi,

I tried to tranfers some database tables from my local SQL Server 2000 database to a hosted database (SQL Server 2005) MSSQL Management Studio 2005. I did the same job successfully before also from my local MSSQL2000 to another hosted MSSQL2005 database. However, this time I encounter the following problem (in red below).

I opened a ticket for support from my service provider but they seemed to have no idea. Therefore, I must seek for help on this forum. Could anyone please give me some advice? Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,
Kenny

Messages
* ERROR : errorCode=-1073548784 description=Executing the query "CREATE TABLE [islandwidecatering.com.sg].[dbo].[Affiliates] (
[AffiliateId] int NOT NULL,
[VendorId] int,
[StartDate] datetime,
[EndDate] datetime,
[CPC] float NOT NULL,
[Clicks] int NOT NULL,
[CPA] float NOT NULL,
[Acquisitions] int NOT NULL
)
" failed with the following error: "Could not allocate space for object 'sys.syscolpars'.'clst' in database 'islandwidecatering.com.sg' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full. Create disk space by deleting unneeded files, dropping objects in the filegroup, adding additional files to the filegroup, or setting autogrowth on for existing files in the filegroup.". Possible failure reasons: Problems with the query, "ResultSet" property not set correctly, parameters not set correctly, or connection not established correctly.
helpFile= helpContext=0 idofInterfaceWithError={8BDFE893-E9D8-4D23-9739-DA807BCDC2AC} (Microsoft.SqlServer.DtsTransferProvider)

It seems there is no available space for the new table. You can try to configure the databse to auto growth, or delete useless data to free space.

No comments:

Post a Comment