Thursday, March 29, 2012

Error when trying to edit a DTS package - please help

SQL2000 sp2 and sp3a
I'm having trouble getting into DTS design view on a
particular pc. I can get in fine on other pcs. This
apparently started happening just after installing sp3a on
my local machine. The pc I am using can't be rebuilt and
I can't use a different pc. I get a couple of error
messages. After clicking design package, I ge the
following error "Error occurred during creation of a DTS
Package". After clicking ok, I get "The selected package
cannot be opened. The DTS Designer has been closed".
This happens on all packages on all servers (and local)
for the pc I am using. I found one bit of information on
the net, but it didn't help. It was at:
http://www.sqldts.com/default.aspx?228 I then uninstalled
sql and reinstalled. That still didn't work. I've
uninstalled and put sp2, sp3a, different combinations a
few times and still no luck. Has anyone experienced this
or does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks,
Van JonesThis can happen if the MDAC installation gets corrupted. Since you have
installed SQL Server SP3 then you have MDAC 2.7 SP1. The only way to
correct the MDAC installation would be to install MDAC 2.8 on this server.
Unless this is will cause a problem for you, you can possibly fix the
problem by installing MDAC 2.8.
Rand
This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties and confers no rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment