Thursday, March 29, 2012

Error when using rskeymgmt to backup encryption key

When I run the rskeymgmt program to backup the encryption key, I get the
following error:
The Report Server Windows service is not responding to RPC requests. The
service may not be running.
I have checked, and the service is running. We are using SQL Server 2005
sp2. The command I am using is:
rskeymgmt -e -fc:\rskey\rsdbkey.txt -psomepassword
Any ideas why this is failing. I was able to run the program some time ago.
Thanks.On May 2, 11:50 am, "Tim Kelley" <tkel...@.company.com> wrote:
> When I run the rskeymgmt program to backup the encryption key, I get the
> following error:
> The Report Server Windows service is not responding to RPC requests. The
> service may not be running.
> I have checked, and the service is running. We are using SQL Server 2005
> sp2. The command I am using is:
> rskeymgmt -e -fc:\rskey\rsdbkey.txt -psomepassword
> Any ideas why this is failing. I was able to run the program some time ago.
> Thanks.
This link might be helpful:
http://www.technologyone.org/new-6210113-3731.html
Regards,
Enrique Martinez
Sr. Software Consultant

No comments:

Post a Comment