Thursday, March 29, 2012

Error when trying to deploy report

Hi,
I'm running Reporting Services 2000 SP1. Everytime I try and deploy a report
to our reporting server I get the following error:
"A connection could not be made to the report server
http://sqlreportserver/ReportServer"
I can browse to the Report Manager and view reports. I am also able to debug
reports in VS.NET 2003. I've double checked the TargetFolder and
TargetServerURL in the project properties.
I am on a different domain than the report server. Could this be why I am
unable to deploy? If so, does anybody know how I can work around this.
Thanks
John a.k.a.HansHi again,
I'm still having problems with this. If anyone could give me a few pointers
that would be much appreciated.
Thanks
J
"Hans Gruber" wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm running Reporting Services 2000 SP1. Everytime I try and deploy a report
> to our reporting server I get the following error:
> "A connection could not be made to the report server
> http://sqlreportserver/ReportServer"
> I can browse to the Report Manager and view reports. I am also able to debug
> reports in VS.NET 2003. I've double checked the TargetFolder and
> TargetServerURL in the project properties.
> I am on a different domain than the report server. Could this be why I am
> unable to deploy? If so, does anybody know how I can work around this.
> Thanks
> John a.k.a.Hans
>|||OK. I've made some progress. Hopefully this may help other people with the
same problem.
1) In IE. Tools --> Internet Options --> Connections --> LAN Settings.
Uncheck the 'Use a proxy server for your LAN (These.....' box.
2) Restart VS.NET 2003
3) I can now deploy reports.
Still frustrating because my colleague does not have to uncheck this box in
order to deploy...so any pointers would be much appreciated.
J
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm running Reporting Services 2000 SP1. Everytime I try and deploy a report
> > to our reporting server I get the following error:
> >
> > "A connection could not be made to the report server
> > http://sqlreportserver/ReportServer"
> >
> > I can browse to the Report Manager and view reports. I am also able to debug
> > reports in VS.NET 2003. I've double checked the TargetFolder and
> > TargetServerURL in the project properties.
> >
> > I am on a different domain than the report server. Could this be why I am
> > unable to deploy? If so, does anybody know how I can work around this.
> >
> > Thanks
> > John a.k.a.Hans
> >
> >

No comments:

Post a Comment