Thursday, March 29, 2012

Error when trying to run database engine tuning advisor

Hi,

I am getting "R6031- Attempt

to initialize the CRT more than once. This indicates a bug in your

application." when I am trying to database engine tuning advisor. I already followed the workaround from http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/913395 but it did not help as I did not have any explorer.exe or any file in that registry folder.

I am using windows XP Sp2, using SQL server developer edition. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue and can help me.

Thanks.

Have you tried attempted to invoke using the DTA on another machine?

I believe this could be the issue with Client tools, try to reinstall the Developer edition on this machine.

|||I will give it a try. I did try to reinstall on this machine but it did not help.

No comments:

Post a Comment