Tuesday, March 27, 2012

error when trying to browse SSRS on a remote machine

Hi,

I deployed SSRS reports to my local report server and set the connection string to access a server on the network with Analysis Server.

Result:
I can access and use the reports from my computer. But when I use any other computer on the network I can't use the reports. I can access them but they don't find the database ant therefor they don't present any data.

Error message as folows: "An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Get Online Help
Cannot create a connection to data source 'dsAnalys'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection) Get Online Help
Database 'Analys' does not exist.
"

This works fine on my local machine, the error comes only when i try to browse on a remote machine. I am using SQL Server 2005

Any help would be appriciated!!!

Thanks in advance,

Chanduu

Can you access the database from a different PC using SQL Server Management Studio?

Possibly the server is not accessible from those PCs? Is it on a different domain?

|||yes, i am able to access|||

Chandu I am just trying to see what is causing this error.

1.) Do you have Shared Datasource in SSRS.

2.) While deploying to the remote server, make sure to include the right TargetServerUrl.

3.) On the Remote Server, go the Home folder and check for the DataSources if it has

a.) Enable this Data Source CheckBox checked.

b.) Connection string

c.) In the Connect Using: Check if the Credentials stored securely in the report server is Checked and the UserName and Password is given.

4.) Check for the permissions.

Hope this helps...

|||

Thanks a lot !!! friends .. I got answer for this error

Steps i followed to reslove this error

1. Goto http://<report server>/reports

2. Select the datasource folder

3. Check "Credentials stored in that report" and give valid user id and password

4. Check the check box"Use as windows credentials when connecting to datasource"

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment