Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Error when trying to create "datasources"

Brand new at this !

I'm running VB 2005 express edition installed from full MS download which included the SQL2005 express server V9.00.1116

Have used the Video tutorial (video 8 & 9) to create a database and have followed instructiions faithfully

Problem.

From the Data / Add New Datasource menu everything proceeds ok - that is a "dataset.xsd" file is created but then I get an error message

" Could not get type information for .........myfilename dataset "

and so the process is not completed properly and a datasource is not created.

I'm unsure what the type information is and have been unsuccesful turning up anything from the help files or forum so hoping someone can maybe tell me whats happening and how to fix this.

Thanks

I also ran into this problem and got it solved by removing the connection strings in 'My Project - Settings'. I hope this also works for you.

Harmen.
|||

Thanks for that idea

For the record had trouble removing strings however -

My problems have been solved by accident when I created a new windows user account and ran VB express from there. I believe the problem was to do with the connection address because my system name has an " & " in the name(stupid me when I set up Windows XP ) the ampersand maybe an illegal character in a path name.

Here's the full path i used

Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename="C:\Documents and Settings\TB&MA\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\MyDataBase\MyDataBase\Database1.mdf";Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True

I think this why running it from a new user account worked ok as the connection string would have new directory path name

Thanks again

No comments:

Post a Comment