Sunday, February 19, 2012

Error that has nothing to do with my cube

I right click on my AS cube and click "Process". It tells me the server content is out of date would I like to build and deploy first. i say yes.

I get this error

Error 1 File system error: The following file is corrupted: Physical file: \\?\E:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.2\OLAP\Data\Adventure Works DW.0.db\Dim Product.0.dim\1.Start Date.(All).sstore. Logical file . Errors in the metadata manager. An error occurred when loading the Product dimension, from the file, '\\?\E:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.2\OLAP\Data\Adventure Works DW.0.db\Dim Product.1.dim.xml'. Errors in the metadata manager. An error occurred when loading the Adventure Works cube, from the file, '\\?\E:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.2\OLAP\Data\Adventure Works DW.0.db\Adventure Works DW.2.cub.xml'.
This file has nothing to do with my database/project and is not even in the solution. Why is my deploy getting failed due to this file?
AllanDear Allan,

I have same problems, anybody out there with an solution?

Regards
Michael|||Michael

Hast du etwas fruher getan? Ich hatte das AS beispiel Projekt aber in eine verschiedene loesung eingesetzt. Vielleich gibt's etwas kaputt?

Have you done anything earlier? I had deployed the sample AS project but in a different solution. Perhaps there is something broken?
Allan

|||Allan,

I added befor a second fact table, but even when I deleted the second one I can no longer deploy the solution.

Michael|||Try to clean up your data directory and re-deploy your solution.
You data directory by default is under C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\OLAP\Data.

It would be also very helpful if you can post exact steps leading to the situation you describe.
Edward Melomed (MSFT)


This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.|||Hi Edward.

Besides my data Directory for OLAP being in MSSQL.2 this works. i had already done this in fact. What I would like to hear though is why this happens.

Why does this happen?

Any way to stop it from happening again?

Thanks for anything you can offer.

Allan|||

One of the files in the data folder got corrupted and the error you are seeing indicates that Analysis Server was unable to load it.

Now, about how did that happen: the hope is that you would provide series of steps on how did you get in such situation :)

We are looking into every instance of such corruption, it usually indicates bug in the product, and in order to fix the problem we need to be able to reproduce it.

Edward Melomed (MSFT)


This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

|||

I'm getting this same error, have cleaned up my data directory, and still it is not resolved. Any other ideas?

|||

Hi,

I am getting the same error. I will try to give as much info regarding this issue as possible. Hopefully it will help.

Since I am new to Analysis, I was practicing with the BI tool by setting up different dsvs, cubes, mining structures, etc. Most of them through the wizard. Every time I reached a level that I knew I was basically wrong and things were not working I would delete the previously generated output from the wizard. I started noticing this error, after I had deleted a two mining structures (outputs of wizard), followed by deleting I believe the dimensions first and then the cube (all related). I was working on another dsv and setting up the dimension and fact tables and everything seemed fine, I generated the cube fine as well. But processing the new cube results in this error. At the time I was working in the same soln. I started a new soln -> same error. Reregistered msolap90.dll same error. deleted the xml that seemed to be causing the problem and seemed to be corrupt (I did find it in the path specified) -> still the same error. Seems like I am stuck and can't do anything any more with analysis services. I was hoping that there was a soln for this problem online, but I guess short of reinstalling there is none.

If there is anything I would love to know, thanks,

Amadelle

|||

I had similar errors but they referred to the correct project but said they could not find a certail dim.xml file.

I refreshed the data source views

I right clicked the database and selected validate database. That seemed to clean up the problem.

the error has reoccurred when I try to process the cube, which has a legitmate error (missing filed).

However, the dimensions can no longer be processed.

"file system error. The following error occurred during a file operation. The system cannot find the file specified. \\?\C:Program files\Microsoft Sql Server\MSSQL.2\OLAP\Data\Touch.45.db\Project4447005.dim.xml"

|||

I had a similar problem.

1. I restored a database from an .abf file. The database was now visible in SQL Server Management Studio.

2. I was unable to browse or view properties for any cube, not just the cubes in the restored database. I was also unable to delete the restored database.

3. I stopped the Analysis Services service (not sure whether this was necessary)

4. I deleted the folder in my data directory (under mssql.2) corresponding to the restored .abf

5. I re-started the service

6. I was able to surf my other cubes

7. I was also able to delete the folder in Analysis Services for the corrupt database.

I'm piling on to an old post. Has this been fixed yet?

|||

I have a similar problem, and I could not fix it by deleting the folder in data directory and restarting the service.

I have AS database witch works on my computer. When I tried to restore it on another computer I received:

"Errors in the metadata manager. An error occurred when instantiating a metadata object from the file, '\\?\C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.2\OLAP\Data\BudOlap07.45.db\Act List1.16.dim.xml"

I’ve deleted the folder in data directory and restart the service, but I could not still use it.

I didn’t see no cubes and dimensions in it.

I appreciate any help!

|||We had this same problem. As soon as we upgraded the target machine to SP2, the problem went away.

No comments:

Post a Comment