Sunday, February 26, 2012

Error Trying to VIew data in table

When I try to view the data in a table on my SQL SErver 2000 Enterprise
manager, I get the following message
"Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed. I have SQL
2000 installed on my PC for the last 8 months and I have had no problems.
All of a sudden I get this
Any helpIMHO, you should view/manipulate your data in SQL Server's Query Analyzer.
At the very least, this will tell you whether the problem is with Enterprise
Manager, or more deeply rooted.
--
http://www.aspfaq.com/
(Reverse address to reply.)
"dfoote" <dfoote@.napcosecurity.com> wrote in message
news:#bRWbQJrEHA.2788@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> When I try to view the data in a table on my SQL SErver 2000 Enterprise
> manager, I get the following message
> "Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed. I have SQL
> 2000 installed on my PC for the last 8 months and I have had no problems.
> All of a sudden I get this
> Any help
>|||Thanks Aaron
I tried this and I am able to retrieve data via the Query Analyzer. So I
know it is Enterprise manager? Any more suggestion?
"Aaron [SQL Server MVP]" <ten.xoc@.dnartreb.noraa> wrote in message
news:eOTc6BLrEHA.2764@.TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> IMHO, you should view/manipulate your data in SQL Server's Query Analyzer.
> At the very least, this will tell you whether the problem is with
> Enterprise
> Manager, or more deeply rooted.
> --
> http://www.aspfaq.com/
> (Reverse address to reply.)
>
>
> "dfoote" <dfoote@.napcosecurity.com> wrote in message
> news:#bRWbQJrEHA.2788@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> When I try to view the data in a table on my SQL SErver 2000 Enterprise
>> manager, I get the following message
>> "Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed. I have SQL
>> 2000 installed on my PC for the last 8 months and I have had no
>> problems.
>> All of a sudden I get this
>> Any help
>>
>|||Have you installed SP3a? Have you updated MDAC recently? If not, have you
considered doing these things?
And have you considered just using Query Analyzer?
--
http://www.aspfaq.com/
(Reverse address to reply.)
"dfoote" <dfoote@.napcosecurity.com> wrote in message
news:uz$P$RLrEHA.3080@.TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Thanks Aaron
> I tried this and I am able to retrieve data via the Query Analyzer. So I
> know it is Enterprise manager? Any more suggestion?
> "Aaron [SQL Server MVP]" <ten.xoc@.dnartreb.noraa> wrote in message
> news:eOTc6BLrEHA.2764@.TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> > IMHO, you should view/manipulate your data in SQL Server's Query
Analyzer.
> > At the very least, this will tell you whether the problem is with
> > Enterprise
> > Manager, or more deeply rooted.
> >
> > --
> > http://www.aspfaq.com/
> > (Reverse address to reply.)
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > "dfoote" <dfoote@.napcosecurity.com> wrote in message
> > news:#bRWbQJrEHA.2788@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> >> When I try to view the data in a table on my SQL SErver 2000 Enterprise
> >> manager, I get the following message
> >> "Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed. I have
SQL
> >> 2000 installed on my PC for the last 8 months and I have had no
> >> problems.
> >> All of a sudden I get this
> >> Any help
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
>

No comments:

Post a Comment