Friday, February 24, 2012

error trying to import packages to the MSDB

When I try import a SSIS package into the MSDB I get the following error message:

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio

Failed to retrieve data for this request. (Microsoft.SqlServer.SmoEnum)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft+SQL+Server&LinkId=20476


ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

The SQL server specified in SSIS service configuration is not present or is not available. This might occur when there is no default instance of SQL Server on the computer. For more information, see the topic "Configuring the Integration Services Service" in Server 2005 Books Online.

The .Net Framework OleDb Data Provider requires Microsoft Data Access Components(MDAC) version 2.6 or later. Version 2.12.4202.3 was found currently installed. (MsDtsSrvr)


BUTTONS:

OK

I do have default instance installed and the SSIS servie is running. When I look at the SSIS service configuration it shows a period for the server which I thought meant local host. Also I have MDAC 2.8 installed. What else do I need to look at?

Try the MDAC version checker just to be sure you have the correct version. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=301202

As you can see from the error message this is more likely to be an MDAC issue than an SSIS issue per se, but let's see what the version says first.

Donald

|||The version checker shows that 2.8 is installed but the Registry setting shows 2.1. We had this issue before and just had to install 2003 OS Sp 1 again.|||

So you think you may be able to fix this again? If so, great. If not, I think the SQL Server Data Access forum would be the right place to get help.

thanks

Donald

|||

Phil,

Do you have multiple instances installed on your server? If not you might try hard coding your server name into your SSIS configuration file

<ServerName>my-server-01</ServerName>

I had the same error when I tried to view an SSIS package on my server with 2 instances but I had no default instance, so my case was a little different than yours. The way I resolved my problem was by hard coding both instances into my config file

<ServerName>my-server-01\instance1</ServerName>
<ServerName>my-server-01\instance2</ServerName>

If you have a default instance and a named instance you might try something like this:

<ServerName>my-server-01</ServerName>
<ServerName>my-server-01\instance1</ServerName>

This did the trick for me, hopefully it will work for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment