Friday, February 24, 2012

Error trying to create Maintenance plan

We have a SQL server installation on a managed hosting environment and last night they upgraded our version from standard to enterprise. It looks as if they uninstalled, and then reinstalled. So now I need to re-configure our maintenance plans but when I try right-click on Maintenance Plans and select New Maintenance Plan in Management Studio I get the following error: An OLE DB error 0x800004005 occured while enumerating packages. A SQL statement was issued and failed.

I thought it had something to do with the new installation not running as a particular user/system account and the account it wass running under didnt have the proper permissions. As a smoke test I made the user it's running as (sqlservice) an admin in SQL Server, but that didnt fix the problem

Any help would be appreciated.Have you installed SSIS too in this case if that was also available previouslY?

No comments:

Post a Comment