Friday, February 24, 2012

Error trying to create cube partition

I've converted 4 AS2000 databases to AS2005. In just one of these databases, I am not able to add any partitions to any of the cubes. As soon as I click the "New Partition" link, get the following error:

The wizard will close because of the following error: An item with the same key has already been added (mscorlib).

I get this error if I try to create a parition from either Visual Studio 2005 or SQL Server Management Studio. AS2005 version is 9.00.2047.00. I can add paritions to cubes in other databases on the same server.

I've been all over looking for help on this, with no luck at all.

If anyone can help me, I'd sure appreciate it.

Most likely something went wrong with the database during migration.

It is possible your database had some problems even before migrated and then migration wizard created AS2005 database with the wrong structure.

It is hard to say what exactly you are having. First go through your AS2000 database structure and make sure it is all valid. Make sure you got the latest AS2000 service pack.

Then migrate your database again and try creating a new AS2005 project based on migrated database. You do that by going through new project wizard and selecting "Import Analysis Ser...."

Go through your new database, open every object in editor and make sure there are no errors and all the object relationships are set right. One area is to pay attention is Dimensions Usage tab in cube editor.

Edward.
--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

|||

I've checked the AS2000 datbase structures and it's all valid: cubes, dimenions, security roles, partitions, data. Everything there checks out from Analysis Manager as well as from our front-end application that uses OWC to connect to these cubes. The latest service pack is installed.

I have checked all of the objects in the AS2005 databases. There are no errors, and the cubes function properly.

I could migrate the database again, but it's got over 150 cubes, and over 400 seucirty roles. I really hate to do it unless I absolutely have to. Thanks for your suggestion...it may be my last resort.

No comments:

Post a Comment