Friday, February 24, 2012

Error trying to Insert into Table -

Hello...
I have a stored procedure that is failing to insert into a table. When I
manually run the INSERT statement in SQL QA, I receive the following error
message:
"Server: Msg 208, Level 16, State 1, Procedure
ins_C5257449520A4EBDBDF3BBA9F8C9F40E, Line 29
Invalid object name 'tsvw_C5257449520A4EBDBDF3BBA9F8C9F40E'."
I ran a query against the SysObjects table and there is not a record of the
"tsvw.." object..but there is one for the "ins_C525744..." referenced in the
first part of the error message.
This seems to be related to our replication setup...but I am unsure how to
resolve or actually find the problem.
I looked at the Stored Procedures list in the database and I can't find one
named ins_C5257449520A4EBDBDF3BBA9F8C9F40E.
If anyone has any advice or suggestions I'd appreciate it.
thanks
- dw
Is this table published for merge replication or a subscriber to a merge
publication?
If so, your replication deployment has not been successful. I would advise
you to drop your subscription and recreate it.
If not, run this script to scrub your subscription database:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...a?dmode=source
"dw" <dw@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:81190FB9-1651-4EAE-AFF8-0243837A1D63@.microsoft.com...
> Hello...
> I have a stored procedure that is failing to insert into a table. When I
> manually run the INSERT statement in SQL QA, I receive the following error
> message:
> "Server: Msg 208, Level 16, State 1, Procedure
> ins_C5257449520A4EBDBDF3BBA9F8C9F40E, Line 29
> Invalid object name 'tsvw_C5257449520A4EBDBDF3BBA9F8C9F40E'."
> I ran a query against the SysObjects table and there is not a record of
the
> "tsvw.." object..but there is one for the "ins_C525744..." referenced in
the
> first part of the error message.
> This seems to be related to our replication setup...but I am unsure how to
> resolve or actually find the problem.
> I looked at the Stored Procedures list in the database and I can't find
one
> named ins_C5257449520A4EBDBDF3BBA9F8C9F40E.
> If anyone has any advice or suggestions I'd appreciate it.
> thanks
> - dw
|||Actually, it isn't a table...as it turns out...it is a reference to an
Insert Trigger on a table that is part of a Merge Replication.
I discovered this last night...there were two Insert Triggers on this table
(which is part of a merge publication). I deleted the one that was causing
the error and now everything works (even my replication/subscriptions) again.
- dw
"Hilary Cotter" wrote:

> Is this table published for merge replication or a subscriber to a merge
> publication?
> If so, your replication deployment has not been successful. I would advise
> you to drop your subscription and recreate it.
> If not, run this script to scrub your subscription database:
> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...a?dmode=source
> "dw" <dw@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:81190FB9-1651-4EAE-AFF8-0243837A1D63@.microsoft.com...
> the
> the
> one
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment