Friday, February 24, 2012

Error trying to open Service Manager

Can anybody help me with this error. I have looked all
over the MSDN and support and can not find anything to
fix this.
HERE IS THE ERROR:
MMC can not open the file C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\80\Tools\BINN\SQL Server Enterprise Manager.MSC.
This may be because the file does not exist, is not an
MMC console, or was created by a later version of MMC.
This may also be because you do not have sufficient
access rights to the file.
I have SQL 6.5 and 2000 installed. I have XP, Office
2003 Professional and FP 2003. 6.5 Works excellent.Are any of the conditions suggested true..?
Does the file exist..
Do you have permission to it
Are you starting EnterPrise Manager v6.5 and trying to open a file create
with v2000
HTH
Ryan Waight, MCDBA, MCSE
"Raymond Conklin" <rconklin@.jcpenney.com> wrote in message
news:0ae301c39c9c$31f4bda0$a301280a@.phx.gbl...
> Can anybody help me with this error. I have looked all
> over the MSDN and support and can not find anything to
> fix this.
>
> HERE IS THE ERROR:
> MMC can not open the file C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
> Server\80\Tools\BINN\SQL Server Enterprise Manager.MSC.
> This may be because the file does not exist, is not an
> MMC console, or was created by a later version of MMC.
> This may also be because you do not have sufficient
> access rights to the file.
> I have SQL 6.5 and 2000 installed. I have XP, Office
> 2003 Professional and FP 2003. 6.5 Works excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment