Friday, February 24, 2012

Error trying to connect to Reporting Services using SQL Management Studio

Hi.

I have some strange error trying to connect to Reporting Services.

At the beginning I was suspecting some accounts issues.

But after checking all the accounts under wich ASP.NET, SQL SERVER, Reporting Services are running I don't even know what to think.

After searching internet for answers the only similar problems' solutions were remove RS and install it again.

Have anybody here had this problem? Can you just fix something without reinstalling RS? The error is:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object


Program Location:

at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2005.RSConnection.GetSecureMethods()
at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2005.RSConnection.IsSecureMethod(String methodname)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2005.RSConnection.ValidateConnection()
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.RSClient.RSClientConnection.CreateConnection(String connectionString)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.RSClient.RSConnectionInfo.CreateConnectionObject()
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.RSClient.RSConnectionInfo.RSTypeImpl.GetConnectionObject(UIConnectionInfo ci)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.ConnectionDlg.RSType.GetConnectionObject(UIConnectionInfo ci)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.ConnectionDlg.Connector.ConnectorThread()

What is the name you are giving in the "Server" ? Wanted to make sure you are using

http://Servername/reports as the server name

|||

I am. Also it's giving me this error when I'm using Management Studio. And server is registered there as just SERVERNAME.

It's our local internal server name. It actually worked fine till yesterday when I think I changed something in ASP.NET accounts.

But after that I returned everything back. Or at least I think I did. And now it's giving me this and I have no idea where to dig.

No comments:

Post a Comment