Friday, February 24, 2012

Error Trying to Deploy Report - SQL Server CTP 2005

I have a report that tests inthe design environment OK.
When trying to deploy I get an error
"a connnection could not be made to the report Server
http://localhost/reportServer"
What causes this? How do I correct this?
I'm logged in with admin priviledges to SQL server;
There are several questions similar to this in the post and on GoogleI'm curious, why is your deployment site 'localhost' (hopefully, this is
localhost on the production server, which means you have vs.net running in
production)?
I have a similar problem, because of the way DNS handles the localhost
translation in our production environment. As a workaround, simply use the
upload functionality on your production server(s) to upload the .RDL (and
then define shared datasources as needed).
Rob
"Sammy" wrote:
> I have a report that tests inthe design environment OK.
> When trying to deploy I get an error
> "a connnection could not be made to the report Server
> http://localhost/reportServer"
> What causes this? How do I correct this?
> I'm logged in with admin priviledges to SQL server;
> There are several questions similar to this in the post and on Google|||It is localhost because I'm testing the functionality of Reporting Server on
a single user machine.
"tutor" wrote:
> I'm curious, why is your deployment site 'localhost' (hopefully, this is
> localhost on the production server, which means you have vs.net running in
> production)?
> I have a similar problem, because of the way DNS handles the localhost
> translation in our production environment. As a workaround, simply use the
> upload functionality on your production server(s) to upload the .RDL (and
> then define shared datasources as needed).
> Rob
> "Sammy" wrote:
> > I have a report that tests inthe design environment OK.
> > When trying to deploy I get an error
> > "a connnection could not be made to the report Server
> > http://localhost/reportServer"
> >
> > What causes this? How do I correct this?
> >
> > I'm logged in with admin priviledges to SQL server;
> >
> > There are several questions similar to this in the post and on Google|||Sammy,
How did you install RS2005? Did you choose the default configuration?
Or did you opt to configure manually?
If the latter, how have you configured Reporting Services?
Have you confirmed that the Reporting Services service is running?
Have you confirmed that the TCP/IP protocol is enabled?
Andrew Watt
MVP - InfoPath
On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 22:22:01 -0800, "Sammy"
<Sammy@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>I have a report that tests inthe design environment OK.
>When trying to deploy I get an error
>"a connnection could not be made to the report Server
>http://localhost/reportServer"
>What causes this? How do I correct this?
>I'm logged in with admin priviledges to SQL server;
>There are several questions similar to this in the post and on Google|||It turns out it was a configuration problem on my part . I fixed it and it
works fine
"Andrew Watt [MVP - InfoPath]" wrote:
> Sammy,
> How did you install RS2005? Did you choose the default configuration?
> Or did you opt to configure manually?
> If the latter, how have you configured Reporting Services?
> Have you confirmed that the Reporting Services service is running?
> Have you confirmed that the TCP/IP protocol is enabled?
> Andrew Watt
> MVP - InfoPath
> On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 22:22:01 -0800, "Sammy"
> <Sammy@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >I have a report that tests inthe design environment OK.
> >When trying to deploy I get an error
> >"a connnection could not be made to the report Server
> >http://localhost/reportServer"
> >
> >What causes this? How do I correct this?
> >
> >I'm logged in with admin priviledges to SQL server;
> >
> >There are several questions similar to this in the post and on Google
>

No comments:

Post a Comment